Thursday, May 31, 2007

Take Two

G day,

I was trying to add a pic to yesterday's blog and lo and behold, Safari crashed !
Not sure what my words of wisdom were for May 30 so we will just have to carry on.

One thing I know I mentioned was my new alarm clock; I love how it is so reliable. I do wish that it would let me sleep the extra half hour that my manual alarm clock says I am allowed to have. It is too bad that the gym is not open at 4:30 am! I would go for a run outdoors but I reckon only weirdos are out at that hour so best I stay indoors. My father was a morning person and I have just adopted his hours I reckon. I actually enjoy the early morning when the world is still asleep; it is akin to watching a sleeping baby.

A weekend is fast approaching and I am wondering what sort of physical activity we will partake in? I reckon it will be the Grouse Grind as it is close at hand and accessible by public transportation. I suppose that is one huge downfall to not owning a vehicle; you lose the spontaneity to randomly go on adventures. Random adventures? Perhaps that is a good thing! I cannot believe how many misadventures we have had on our adventures! Leaving notoriously late is our biggest misdemeanour! I don't think it is because I sleep in either...

It is Michael's 20th birthday this weekend. I wonder if he is planning on coming out for the weekend or part of it? I do know that he is planning on taking Monday off in honour of his birthday. He likes his long weekends! Perhaps I will go to IKEA this weekend to purchase another desk so we can really get geek central happening! It will also give us the added bonus that Michael will have somewhere to put his 'puter when he comes along for a visit.

Also when he visits he will have the luxury of using the tres comfortable air bed with the featherbed mattress as we finally bought a bed! And what a bed! It is glorious! But perhaps I am a little over enthusiatic after having slept on the floor for a month? The master bedroom is still a disaster zone. I am looking forward to having all the work in the unit completed so we can really move in! Not that we have any more furniture...and I reckon the stuff that is still in boxes? Will stay in boxes for a while yet. We have a lot of boxes with personal papers, documents and childhood memories for each of the kids which will stay packed until we purchase a filing cabinet of sorts. When I look at all the boxes of papers I wonder how it ever managed to fit into the one filing cabinet we used to have!

And now the time has come for me to 'get human'. It is amazing how quickly the first hour of my days disappears.
Until the next time then,

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste....

No comments: